|| - Search Ancient Texts
- The search looks across all English translations of Greek and Latin writers, which are either stored on related sites or mentioned in the list of sources and translations.
- As usual with Google, the search is extremely thorough, and can be refined by using multiple keywords - see Google basic search help.
- However, if searching for proper names, the search will be unable to distinguish between different people or places with the same name; and the results will not be returned in any particular order.
- You should also remember that some of the pages that are being searched are quite long, and the keyword(s) may occur several times in them; only the first occurrence will be reported.
- The spelling of Greek proper names may be inconsistent across different sites - see Spelling of Greek names for some details.
- For these reasons, if you are searching for a proper name, it may be better to use the index of names, although this is restricted to names that appear on the attalus website.
- The search is still being developed and extended, but any comments or suggestions would be very welcome.
← back to: Search Ancient Texts
Attalus' home page